On August 16, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Uzbekistan reported that on August 14 and 15, 22 warplanes and 24 military helicopters of Afghanistan, carrying 585 Afghan soldiers, had illegally entered the airspace of Uzbekistan.
According to the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office, the aircraft were obliged to land at the international airport of Termez, the southernmost city of Uzbekistan.
Moreover, on August 15, three Embraer 314 military aircraft of Afghanistan requested permission to land at the Khanabad airport in the city of Karshi, Kashkadarya region. However, the aircraft were sent to the Termez airport accompanied by two military aircraft of the Uzbek Air Force MiG-29.
“During the escort, Embraer 314 and MiG-29 aircraft collided and crashed in the Sherabad district of Surkhandarya region. The pilots of these aircraft ejected, ” the report says.
The next day, the statement was deleted. The Prosecutor General’s Office declares that it is yet to be verified.
The secret of Aghan aircraft was revealed by satellite images of the Uzbek Termez airport. They show almost 50 new planes and helicopters similar to the aircraft of the Afghan Air Force.
According to the footage published by The Drive, 22 new light aircraft and 26 helicopters appeared in Termez. It seems that a significant part of the special aviation wing, which was engaged in supporting the forces of the Special Operations Command of the Afghan army, fled to Uzbekistan.
- The images show 11 Pilatus PC-12NG light reconnaissance aircraft that were likely part of the special aviation wing of the Afghan Air Force;
- 6 A-29 (Embraer 314) Super Tucano light attack aircraft;
- 5 Cessna 208 Caravan light aircraft, some of them may be an armed version of the AC-208 Combat Caravan;
- 19 Mi-8/17 and 7 UH-60A Black Hawk helicopters.
Taking into account that some Mi-8/17 helicopters may belong to Uzbek Air Force, the number of aircraft is near the one previously claimed by the Prosecutor General’s Office.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Dozens Of Afghan Aircraft Crossed Border With Uzbekistan, Some Intercepted By Air Defense Forces (Videos)
- U.S. Cooperating With Taliban To Evacuate Americans Out Of Afghanistan: Pentagon